Monday, November 28, 2011

Special Ed. Sympathy Cards...

On Thanksgiving Day, the sister of the tutor that I work with passed away after a very long battle with cancer.  So today, during my resource period, I had my students create sympathy cards for her for when she returns to work.

One of my students with autism wrote: "If your sister ate more vegetables, she wouldn't have gotten cancer."

My other student with autism drew a huge picture of a tombstone with "RIP" on the front of the card and on the inside wrote, "Please pray to your sister and tell her I said hi."

Needless to say, I won't be giving all of the cards to her right away...  

1 comment:

  1. o...m....g!!! yes, i agree with you, hold off a bit. Geez!! Poor woman would break down crying if she received cards like that! You are a wise woman! haha!

    ReplyDelete